Women's History Items List
14 items available
- Petition for bail from accused witches, ca. 1692 (John Davis Batchelder Autograph Collection).
- Letter, Elizabeth Blackwell to Baroness Anne Isabella Milbanke Byron concerning women's rights and the education of women physicians, 4 March 1851 (Blackwell Family Papers).
- Shaker religious greeting, watercolor, January 1853 (Shaker Collection).
- Letter, Mary Todd Lincoln to Abraham Lincoln advising her husband to remove the hesitant Gen. George B. McClellan from command, 2 November  (Abraham Lincoln Papers).
- Letter (pages 13-20), Varina Davis to Montgomery Blair describing the capture of her husband, Jefferson Davis, 6 June 1865 (Blair Family Papers).
- "Autumn," poem by Helen Keller, 27 October 1893 (Alexander Graham Bell Family Papers).
- Draft of Elizabeth Cady Stanton's The Woman's Bible, ca. 1895 (Elizabeth Cady Stanton Papers).
- Letter, Susan B. Anthony to Adelaide Johnson discussing women ministers and Johnson's sculpture memorializing prominent suffragists, 8 February 1896 (Susan B. Anthony Papers).
- Letter, Elizabeth Pennell to Mr. Kennerley concerning Aubrey Beardsley's 1891 illustrated letter about James McNeill Whistler's Peacock Room, 3 April 1929 (Pennell-Whistler Collection of the Papers of Joseph and Elizabeth Pennell and James A. McNeill Whistler).
- Letter, Margaret Mead to her grandmother Martha Ramsay Mead discussing her decision to retain her maiden name, 7 December 1923 (Margaret Mead Papers).
- Amelia Earhart's palm print and analysis of her character prepared by Nellie Simmons Meier, 28 June 1933 (Nellie Simmons Meier Collection).
- Letter, Eleanor Roosevelt to Walter White detailing the First Lady's lobbying efforts for federal action against lynchings, 19 March 1936 (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Records).
- Clare Boothe Luce's scene description of her play The Women, ca. 1936 (Clare Boothe Luce Papers).
- Letter, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy to Toni Frissell discussing Frissell's photographs of the Kennedys' September 1953 wedding reception in Newport, Rhode Island,  (Toni Frissell Collection).
Women's History | Words and Deeds