- Rafael D. Hirtz
- Veteran was born in Argentina.
- War or Conflict
- World War, 1939-1945
- Military Status
- Dates of Service
- Branch of Service
- Unit of Service
- Army Signal Corp; Operational Forces, Office of Strategic Services (OSS)
- Location of Service
- European Theater; North Africa; China
- Highest Rank
- Prisoner of War
- Service History Note
- Veteran started his service in the Army Signal Corps as an Infantry paratrooper where he parachuted behind enemy lines in France twice and once with the Chinese 2nd Commandos in China. Hirtz's last three years were spent with the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) and the Operational Forces of the OSS.
- Type of Resource:
- Photograph: Mixed (Multiple types of photographs) [10 items] -- Photographs
- Video: S-VHS-C [3 items] -- Oral history interview
- Computer File: Floppy Disk [1 item] -- Electronic file of interview transcript
- Manuscript: Transcript [1 item] -- Transcription of video recording
- Video: Digital Betacam [2 items] -- Digitized Copy
- Contributor Affiliation/Organization:
College of Notre Dame of Maryland
- Collection #:
- Hirtz, Rafael D.
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal Narratives
- United States. Army.
- Cite as:
- Rafael D. Hirtz Collection
(AFC/2001/001/00094), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress