- Richard J. Connors
- State of Birth:
- Home State:
- Original collection material is retained at the National Guard Militia Museum of New Jersey.
- War or Conflict
- Korean War, 1950-1953
- Military Status
- Dates of Service
- Branch of Service
- Unit of Service
- 453rd Engineer Heavy Construction Battalion, 8th Army
- Location of Service
- Koje Island, Chorwon, Seoul (Han River), Korea; Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- Highest Rank
- First Lieutenant
- Service History Note
- He served with the Army Corps of Engineers. He further notes that he recalls the capture of his camp's commanding General at Koje and that since the end of the war he has been reunited with two young men from Korea, one a houseboy, the other an interpreter.
- Type of Resource:
- Video: DVD [1 item] -- Oral history interview
- Manuscript: Biographical information [1 item] -- Typewritten document
- Contributor Affiliation/Organization:
National Guard Militia Museum of New Jersey (Center for US War Veterans Oral Histories)
- Collection #:
- Connors, Richard J.
- Korean War, 1950-1953--Personal Narratives
- United States. Army.
- Cite as:
- Richard J. Connors Collection
(AFC/2001/001/04064), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress