- Jay C. Alcantara
- State of Birth:
- Home State:
- The veteran's biographical data form lists race/ethnicity as "White/Guamanian."
- War or Conflict
- Iraq War, 2003-2011
- Military Status
- Dates of Service
- Entrance into Service
- Branch of Service
- Unit of Service
- 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment; 2nd Battalion, 6th Cavalry Regiment; 1st Cavalry Division; 25th Infantry Division
- Location of Service
- Fort Benning, Georgia; Fort Eustis, Virginia; Fort Hood, Texas; Wheeler Army Air Field, Hawaii; Iraq
- Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Joint Task Force Six
- Highest Rank
- Prisoner of War
- Service History Note
- The veteran served as a helicopter crew chief.
- Type of Resource:
- Audio: CD [1 item] -- Oral history interview
- Manuscript: Transcript [1 item] -- Transcription of audio recording
- Contributor Affiliation/Organization:
National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
- Collection #:
- Alcantara, Jay C.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011--Personal Narratives
- United States. Army.
- Cite as:
- Jay C. Alcantara Collection
(AFC/2001/001/99442), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress