- William M. McConahey, Jr.
- State of Birth:
- Home State:
- War or Conflict
- World War, 1939-1945
- Military Status
- Dates of Service
- Entrance into Service
- Branch of Service
- Unit of Service
- 2nd Battalion, 357th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division; 344th Field Artillery Battalion
- Location of Service
- France; Germany; Czechoslovakia; European Theater
- Highest Rank
- Prisoner of War
- Service History Note
- After the war, veteran joined the Army Reserve and became a Colonel. He was a battalion surgeon in charge of an aid station close behind the front line in Normandy. The doctor joined the staff of the Mayo Clinic after his war-time service.
- Type of Resource:
- Audio: Audio Cassette [1 item] -- Oral history interview
- Manuscript: Transcript [1 item] -- Transcription of audio recording
- Manuscript: Memoirs [2 items] -- Typewritten document
- Photograph: Digital print [7 items] -- Photograph
- Manuscript: Clippings [1 item] -- Typewritten document
- Contributor Affiliation/Organization:
- Collection #:
- McConahey Jr., William M.
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal Narratives
- United States. Army.
- Cite as:
- William M. McConahey, Jr. Collection
(AFC/2001/001/01026), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress