- Raymond T. Burden, Jr.
- State of Birth:
- Home State:
- Black or African American
- War or Conflict
- United Nations Operation in Somalia
- Military Status
- Dates of Service
- Entrance into Service
- Branch of Service
- Unit of Service
- US Central Command (CENTCOM)
- Location of Service
- Somalia: Fort Sam Houston, Texas; Fort Wolters, Texas; Fort Rucker, Alabama; Korea; Fort Meade, Maryland; Fort Bragg, North Carolina; Fort Leavenworth, Kansas; Germany; Carlisle, Pennsylvania; Fort Lewis, Washington; Fort Hood, Texas; Washington, DC
- First Battle of Mogadishu (Black Hawk Down)
- Highest Rank
- Prisoner of War
- Service History Note
- The veteran served as a pilot, becoming a Master Aviator. He retired as the Assistant Chief of the Medical Service Corps.
- Type of Resource:
- Video: Digital File [1 item] -- Oral history interview
- Manuscript: Transcript [1 item] -- Transcription of video recording
- Contributor Affiliation/Organization:
The United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration
- Collection #:
- Burden Jr., Raymond T.
- United Nations Operation in Somalia--Personal Narratives
- United States. Army.
- Cite as:
- Raymond T. Burden, Jr. Collection
(AFC/2001/001/122023), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress